December 16, 2011

If we only had Democracy.

So many politicos, law manipulators, anti-theists, and religion-haters -- acting like children who always want their own way and lie kicking their heels on the floor --  have tried to convince us that one’s faith should have no part in one’s political decision-making in this, our Constitutional republic. That ol’ First Amendment says so… so they say.


Yet my rights to practice my religion and to think freely are both enshrined in that self-same First Amendment. I have the right to filter my moral, ethical and political thought through the belief system I have chosen. Everyone does, religious or secular.  But secularists have been chewing at believers'

Above and beyond, it’s none of your business how I make up my own mind, thank you very much! So kindly don’t sacrifice my freedoms on the chopping block of political correctness; yours could be next:
   Then they came for me,
   and by that time there was no one
   left to speak up for me.
                 Rev. Martin Niemoller, after his release from Dachau in 1945

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be forthright. Comments without a name and town/state will be deleted.